Teeth grinding, or bruxism, destroys teeth and can wreck that pretty smile you try so hard to keep. But DenTek's Comfort-Fit Dental Guard protects you against nighttime teeth grinding by cushioning your teeth and keeping them apart with the least material possible. Boil free and fully adjustable, the DenTek Comfort-Fit Dental Guard will reduce damage to teeth and prevent noise associated with grinding.
Makes Wearing Dental Guards Easy
- Do Not Boil!
1. Rinse the dental guard in warm water.
2. Your dental guard is in the smallest position, position 1 in the figure below. Place on your LOWER teeth and bite down. The molar pads should cover at least half of your last molar but should not go beyond your molar. Use a mirror to determine if it reaches your last molar.
3. If the dental guard doesn't cover at least half of your last molar, follow the instructions for adjustment.
Adjusting The Comfort Fit Dental Guard
There are 5 positions of adjustment on each side of the dental guard.
1. To adjust the dental guard, slide the molar pad back one notch. You will feel a positive “stop” when you have reached the first adjustment position. Repeat on the other molar pad so that both the right and left pads are aligned.
2. Test fit the dental guard again to determine if half of your last molar is covered and that it does NOT extend past your last molar on each side.
3. If the dental guard still does not cover half of your last molar, try the next notch back on both sides. There are five (5) adjustment positions to achieve the perfect fit.
4. Once you have found the perfect fit, wear it every night for protection against teeth grinding. There is a built in stop that will not allow the molar pads to move past the first adjustment position or the last adjustment position. DO NOT force the molar pads farther forward on the band. DO NOT bend or flex the front band too much as it may show wear marks or become deformed.
Cleaning and Care
After each use, brush your dental guard with toothpaste and/or mouthwash. Never rinse in hot water as it could alter the shape of your dental guard.
Replacing Your Dental Guard
All dental guards should be replaced over time. Please check your dental guard monthly for wear. If one wears out, please use the bonus dental guard included. The life of your DenTek® Comfort-Fit Dental Guard depends on how often you grind and the force of your teeth grinding. On average, each dental guard should last approximately six months or longer.