Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Product was successfully added to your comparison list.
Fitting Your Mouth Guard
Step 1: Test Fitting
• Load dental guard into the forming tray. The dental guard is positioned correctly when the top of the guard is concave. If it is not in the right position, correct the placement of the dental guard before going any further in the fitting process.
• Place the dental guard and forming tray below your upper teeth and bite down.
• Use a mirror to ensure the forming tray is centered in the middle of your front two teeth. Your teeth should be aligned in the middle of the moldable material.
Step 2: Final Fitting
• Using a microwave or stove, bring a bowl or pot of water to a rolling boil. Water should be at least 1.5 inches deep. Remove the boiling water from heat source and let it rest for 10 seconds. Use caution when removing from heat.
• While loaded in the forming tray, place the dental guard face down in the hot water for 60 seconds.
• Remove the dental guard and forming tray with a metal fork, using the openings in the tray handle.
• Quickly dip it in room temperature water (no more than 1 second). Immediately pick up the dental guard using the forming tray handle and carefully place in your mouth. Do not bite down yet.
• While looking in a mirror, center the dental guard below your front two teeth and the sides below your molars.
• Firmly bite down into the moldable material of the dental guard and hold until it cools to body temperature. Wait at least 2 minutes.
• Gently remove the dental guard and forming tray from your mouth and rinse under cool water for 20 seconds. This allows the molded night guard to completely set in the forming tray.
• Once cool, remove the dental guard from the forming tray. Start by gently pulling the ends from each side of the forming tray, then working around to the front. It is normal for the guard to slightly stick in the forming tray. Your dental guard is now ready for use.