Frequently Asked Questions

Buying and Shopping

Where can I buy your products?

Our products are also available from major retailers such as: Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreen's, CVS, Rite Aid, Kmart, Long's Drugs, Kroger, Safeway, Publix, as well as many others. Look for us next to the toothbrush section.  Find a store near you here.

I purchased a product from a retail store and don't like it. Can I get my money back?

DenTek™ does not offer a money-back guarantee on all of our products. Please visit the retail store you purchased it from to inquire about their return policy. If you are unable to return your mouth guard, please visit our refunds page. For all other products, please call 1-800-4DenTek and our consumer affairs representatives will be happy to help you find a product that better suits your needs.


I am interested in distributing DenTek™ products. How do I go about doing that?

We are not seeking new distributors or overseas distributors at this time, but thanks for thinking of us.

Do you only sell products to consumers?

No. We just launched a professional line of products for dentists and dental professionals. Look for links to professional content here on


Your products are made overseas in places like China, India, and Vietnam. I've recently heard about some issues about products there. Are yours safe?

DenTek™ prides itself on making quality oral care products. ALL of our products are continually tested through independent labs and we have found no harmful substances in any of our products. We use very trustworthy and respectable suppliers overseas. We do not believe in doing business with companies that do not hold themselves to the same ethical standards that we do.


I heard that there's a connection between gum disease and heart disease. Is that true?

Yes. While there are several theories as to the exact reason, it has been shown that those with periodontal disease are nearly twice as likely to suffer from heart disease. In fact, periodontal disease can worsen heart conditions in general. Studies have also found evidence of a link between periodontal disease and stroke.

I just realized I'm grinding my teeth at night. What can I do?

Three Words: DenTek™ Dental Guard. This easy-to-fit, highly affordable solution will help you avoid the potentially devastating effects of Bruxism (night time teeth grinding).

My doctor said there is plaque in my arteries. Could this be because I haven't gone to the dentist for a cleaning in over a year?

No. The plaque in your arteries and the plaque on your teeth are completely different. But you should still schedule a cleaning.

At what age should children start flossing?

Once any two teeth touch one another, it's time to start flossing. Usually they won't be able to adequately floss their teeth on their own until they're about nine. Until this time, you will probably need to do it for them.

What's the difference between plaque and tartar?

Tartar is plaque that has hardened on your teeth. Tartar gives plaque more surface area to grow on. Also, it's more porous and therefore absorbs more stains. To avoid buildup, brush and floss daily.

Does mint flavored floss help get rid of bad breath?

Actually, all floss reduces bad breath. Flossing removes bacteria and it's bacteria that's responsible for bad breath.

There are so many types of new toothbrushes. Are there any that can do double duty so I don't have to floss?

Not now and probably not ever. It's simply a matter of surface area - a toothbrush can't reach every surface. In fact, brushing only cleans about 70% of your teeth. Flossing takes care of the other 30%.

Is it better to brush first or floss first?

Whichever you prefer. The important thing is to do both.

Declaration of Material Composition

DenTek Oral Care, Inc. confirms to the best of its knowledge, based on the review by our Original Manufacturers and suppliers of raw materials, and our product specifications, that DenTek™ products are not manufactured from materials that are derived from or contain the substances on the list below. DenTek™ also confirms that our products are not produced on equipment that has any contact with these substances or product that may contain these substances. Therefore the likelihood of any allergic reaction due to the presence of the substances on this list is negligible and highly improbable.

List of substances:

  • Eggs
  • Milk
  • Nuts
  • Tree Nut
  • Sunflower Seed
  • Sesame Seed
  • Wheat
  • Rye
  • Barley