• Multiple dental guards SHOULD NOT be worn at the same time.
• Read and follow the dental guard fitting instructions.
• If you need assistance, visit www.DenTek.com or call 1-800-433-6835 between 8pm and 5pm E.S.T. and one of our trained specialists will help you.
• It may take time for you to adjust to wearing the dental guard, so begin wearing it one hour before you go to sleep.
Fitting Your Dental Guard
• Rinse the dental guard in warm water.
• Begin by test fitting your dental guard. The dental guard is currently in the smallest position. Place on your lower or upper teeth and bite down, making sure to cover at least one molar but not extending past your last molar. *Use a mirror to determine that the bite pad reaches at least one molar.
• If the dental guard doesn't cover at least one molar, follow the instructions for adjustment.
Adjust the Band Length
• To adjust the dental guard band length, slide the molar pad front to back. You will feel a “stop” when you have reached the different adjustment positions. Repeat on the other molar pad so that both the right and left pads are aligned
Adjust the Band Height
• To adjust the dental guard band height, tilt the band up and down to the most comfortable position. The band will position itself into one of three available positions.
• Test fit the dental guard again to determine if at least one molar is covered and that it does NOT extend past your last molar on each side. If the dental guard still does not cover at least one molar, try the next notch back on both sides. There are five (5) adjustment positions to achieve the perfect fit.
• There is a built in stop that will now allow the molar pads to move past the first adjustment position or the last adjustment position. Once you have found the correct adjustment position, your dental guard is ready to wear.
NOTE: DO NOT force the molar pads further forward on the band. DO NOT bend or flex the front band too much as it may show wear marks or become deformed.
Do not use:
• As a sports mouthpiece. The product is designed to absorb top-to- bottom pressure not shock absorption. • If you are under 18 years of age. • For more than three months without consulting your dentist. • If you have loose teeth or teeth that can wiggle. • If your dentist has told you that you have temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain or clicking of the jaw. • If you have any pain from teeth grinding, or other forms of tooth or jaw pain. • If you have dental implants, or wear dentures, braces or other dental appliances.
Ask a dentist before use if you have: • Major health problems or serious breathing or respiratory conditions. • Oral sores, bleeding gums or any gum disease. • Cavities that have no fillings, or loose fillings or caps. • Difficulty chewing or pain of the jaw, teeth or face. • Two or more missing teeth.
Stop use and ask a dentist if:
• You develop soreness, bleeding gums or any other reaction inside your mouth. • You develop jaw pain, teeth pain, ear pain, headache, neck stiffness, or joint clicking when using this product. • The same symptoms persist after over a month of use. • The product falls out of your mouth easily. • The product disrupts breathing, feels uncomfortable or causes you to gag. • You have a change in your bite that persists more than a few minutes after removing the product.
See your dentist every six months.
Our dental guard only contains materials that have been proven to be safe and effective. They are BPA, latex and phthalate free. The materials have been tested for biocompatibility and they do not contain any hazardous or toxic chemicals.